About

This blog needs no explanation… or perhaps it defies explanation would be more accurate…either way, it is self-explanatory, and speaks for itself, in a disjointed and somewhat snide (or perhaps sarcastic would be a better word) manner, even as it contradicts itself and simultaneously takes itself too seriously… seriously…see what I mean? Do not fall for this blog…do not get sucked in by its lies and manipulations…by the way it sounds so damn clever and drones on and on even as you are lulled into a state of semi-consciousness…then burrows into your trusting brain like some insidious worm…and the pictures, the funny pictures, so small and nonthreatening, so you smile drowsily and give a small nod of appreciation, not realizing the subtle context and sub-text and hidden messages that are so obvious once you lean close to stare deeper into the pretty, colored pixels…Flee, flee, while there is still time…….

Advertisements

618 Responses to About

1. nancytex2013 says:

Had to come check you out after the twitter extravaganza last night. You are hilarious.

2. Pingback: What a strange day. | Bleached Bone Valley

3. Pingback: Blunt Life Coach Might Be A Bit Tipsy | Stuphblog

4. Eva says:

I wish I had more art to pour out. Sadly, I don’t. Oh, well.

5. Pingback: Memoirs of a Dilettante Volume One: Cover Reveal « HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY.

6. Pingback: Teaser Tuesday: February 4th 2014 | A Mixed Bag

7. well all that jibjab just makes me want to come over and read more more more!

8. bruisedbelly says:

Please accept this from me – because well, you are a pretty damn versatile blogger guy 😉 http://bruisedbelly.wordpress.com/2014/02/01/the-versatile-blogger-award/

9. Pingback: Group Therapy: January « HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY.

10. Pingback: Blowing Bubbles | A Mixed Bag

11. areed090290 says:

I just nominated you for the sunshine award, because you and your blog are awesome. Plus, as ruler of many universes, you need some sunshine in your life! So here!!! 🙂

12. kcharbneau says:

Hi Arthur. I just wanted to say I still enjoy your posts, always funny, witty, and light, keeping us laughing. For the new year, I would like to nominate you for excellence. Here is the link and have a great new year.

13. treyzguy says:

Well…i popped into your blog after visiting scottishmomus’ site. I have perused it and pilfered it and found it inane and pointless. Just the kind of stuff I dig! LOL!!
    I like your wit and seem to have a little in common with you. We are both highly intelligent, artistic, suck at math and strikingly handsome….
    I am now a fan….
    Love it!

14. Ann Koplow says:

Thanks for the warning. I usually freeze in fear, though, so I’m probably not fleeing any time soon.

• Yay! I try to be upfront about what I do here… it is a weird combination of family-friendly and freak show. The only thing I can suggest is that you just scroll down really fast without even reading anything but the titles… let the words and pictures flow past. If you go far enough, you will know if you want to stay or not… and I don’t blame anybody who doesn’t stay… I am sort of trapped here myself.

• Ann Koplow says:

See, there’s the difference! I am not trapped here. I choose to visit, and I am glad to be here. Thanks for creating this place.

• The crack squirrels did it… I am just along for the ride… but it is always nice to lure another unsuspecting victim… new friend to come and play! There are free snacks in the lobby. Please do not wander down into the catacombs unescorted… or at least bring a rope and a flashlight, a knife, water, flares, a tent and a flotation device. Watch out for quicksand or you will join the other lost souls. And please, do not pet the crack squirrels…
          Oh, and there are emergency exits located… somewhere…

• Ann Koplow says:

And now I know that my host wants me to be safe. Thank you!

• Sure… I mean, when I lose people down there, there are forms to fill out, and my insurance rates go up… so be careful…

• Ann Koplow says:

Thank you for your self-interest, too.

• You will soon find that I am shameless… To be honest, this blog started because I read in ‘An Idiot’s Guide To getting Published’ that a successful blog is a selling point to publishers and I want to sell more books than just self publishing. Also, because I am all art-side-of-the-brain, I thought my future descendants should have a place to go to learn about where their freaky genetic mutations came from because I am adopted and have no real family history to trace.
                Then it sort of morphed out into me trying to literally tell my entire life story and show all my art, writing, music, carvings, and stuff. Then the crack squirrels took over and I now fill the gaps with every weird rambling they think up.
                I hope you enjoy your stay…

• Ann Koplow says:

I am enjoying it, already.

• If you like music, there are some of my original songs in one of those top bar buttons… I sing and play the guitar a little. I made some cute videos.
                If you are a fan of Dick Cheney, do not go scrolling down there. I have done a lot of mean Photoshop pictures of that guy.
                Maybe you should just start at the very first post and read everything!
                (See, now that is some world-class shamelessness)

• Ann Koplow says:

I admire world-class everything. (I’m wondering who is going to have the last word here. I’m going to make a guess. Let’s see if I’m correct.)

• Oh… I have never lost this game yet…

• I just saw your gravatar thingy… you know some people consider this blog to be a form of group therapy… Ha!

15. Pingback: Seasons Greetings from Blunt Life Coach…Kinda… | Stuphblog

16. Mal Content says:

This blog: for those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those that don’t, no explanation will suffice. That about right?

17. Hi! I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you for inspiring me with your blog! Congratulations! You can find the badge and details here: http://lilmisspoutinessegues.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/the-versatile-blogger-award

If yours is an award-free blog and I have overlooked the icon, please accept my appreciation for your blog, all the same! 🙂

18. Howdy Mr Browne, I’ve nominated you for Dragon’s loyalty award. Nobody deserves it as much as you do. GoTo http://wp.me/p42AxN-iD

19. prayingforoneday says:

You deserve this,,,,

Please accept this “Blog of the year 2013” Nomination
    This is a big award to get, if you can’t accept, PLEASE give to someone who can.
    I would be delighted if you could accept.
    Shaun
    PS:
    If you need a design with MORE stars.
    Go here: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/

20. Fel Edorath says:

Hey there!

Just thought I’d thought first let you know that I am a big fan of your blog! You have some really great content in here 😀

I was wondering, though, if you would be interested in doing a blog interview with me on your blog, and then a blog interview with you on my blog? My blog is http://anauthorsadventure.wordpress.com/ if you want to check it out first.

Looking forward to your reply!

21. LFFL says:

Love the blog title!

22. Pingback: Trick or Treat! « 33 Grams of Blog

23. Pingback: Blunt Life Coach Speaks About Stupid Questions, More Stupid Questions, and Even More Stupid Questions | Stuphblog

24. Pingback: Blunt Life Coach Speaks About Bad Friends, Swollen Body Parts, and Hearing Voices | Stuphblog

25. Pingback: Cuppa Tea with Trenton Babbage | Wildersoul Colouring Book

26. Pingback: How Did You Get Here? | Stuphblog

27. WilderSoul says:

What a wonderful accent… may I hazard a guess? Are you of Irish descent?

28. Penny L Howe says:

You do … do … the voodoo … so well! Insidiously enchanting! I like!

29. Hey Arthur, as far as your book, please read the submission process. You will need to email us your cover. Our email is wepoetsshowit@gmail.com

30. Rhonda says:

well i can’t swear his origins are FC…but he’s there none the less. and as for ampibs…just the frogs…oh and maybe an gator once in a while.

31. Rhonda says:

Though late to the party…it’s still a great bash! Glad the northern one pointed me in your direction.

32. BigLizzy says:

I told you that I like you. See? Now I follow you. Hugs, BigLizzy

33. TJLubrano says:

Well, too late. I fell down the rabbit’s hole lalalalaaa

34. Pingback: More Blog Bling!! | Stuphblog

35. got your post up on both sites. 🙂

36. userdand says:

Re: Storage space. Lucky for you I didn’t find that Egbert Sousé clip from the Bank Dick of WC Fields saying that. I probably spent 10 minutes trying to find one. FYI the whole movie is on youtube and has great video and audio quality. I have it on LaserDisc too. Yeah, I said LaserDisc. That was the last time in this life when I was on the leading edge. I also have an original METAL Sony Walkman with DUAL volume controls for left and right channels, a microphone so you could talk to someone sharing headsets with your player (why?) and the blue leatherette case. Somebody on the movie Stripes had one and I had to be number two. Incidental, hiddinsight, I did a background walk through in the bus station departure scene. See if you can find a much younger me.

37. userdand says:

A side note. I had to opne another window; go into Word and open a new doc; type the “e” and do the keystroke magic; C&P the “e” into the comment box at the end of Souse. I was surprised the formatting held up. You can’t get most of the formatting in Word to transfer to the WordPress comments boxes. Thus the CAPS instead of itallics or bolding. I do a lot of work with my comments sometimes. I’ll try to stay away from the video stuff for you. I had no idea about the storage space thing. I can’t imagine what P2G and P4P”s requirements are. She can be really graphic heavy. Her needs must be leviathan. Avast, she breaches! Touché. Got lucky. Stil had “é” in paste from the previous comment.

38. userdand says:

Egbert Sousé, accent grave over the “e.” Shift+apostorphe in Word.

39. userdand says:

Beware my liege. I fear she too may covet the thy crown. Rhetoritheoretical, indeed. A pretender to the throne to be sure.

40. userdand says:

…….all over this la-and. Oo-ooh.

41. userdand says:

Or a very big, very heavy hammer.

42. Linda Vernon says:

I feel like such a goof ball. I said I was going to click on the follow button and I left without clicking on it. Well it’s only been one year and four months to the day!! Never let it be said, that I don’t do what I say I’m going to do . . . eventually!

43. userdand says:

“Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    … Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.”
    Dante Alighieri; 1265-1321)

44. I can’t find it and you don’t have a fb follow or twitter follow, both good for advertising your book. Google+ is too 😉

45. If you got to http://www.hometogo232.wordpress.com you will see a post on some of what happened. I will need to fill you in on where I came in, that part isn’t in there.
    Note: she’s religious

46. userdand says:

As well as as desktops, laptops, pads and all other mobile devices. You did mention something about cutting off of fingers while counting points to ascertain who won the last big war with the northern agressor.

47. userdand says:

Like I said earlier. I won’t be buying any of your used digital (Subtle, don’t you think. “Digital” I kill me too.) devices when listed on ebay or craigslist.

48. userdand says:

In misguiding souls, you say? Takes one to know one I suppose.