I have become… uncomfortably dumb…

Yes… that was a Pink Floyd reference, thank you for noticing. Lately I have been noticing that I have been forgetting more and more stuff. It isn’t always easy to tell if you forget things… unless you have a wife… they are very good at reminding you and pointing it out.

I once did a post that was a joke about how I envy stupid people because life would be so easy if all you had to do was stay alive and not worry about thinking about stuff. The thing is… well of coursed there is a thing, did you think I could forget the thing???… but the thing is that I am not becoming stupid in any enjoyable sort of way. I still have a head full of crack squirrels that are always up there making me think about everything in a million different weird ways. I just forget things. I don’t know if it is age or the first hint of something serious heading my way… but I don’t like it.

It’s not like I was that good at remembering stuff before I started getting worse at it.

This entry was posted in thinking about stuff and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

113 Responses to I have become… uncomfortably dumb…

I find I am forgetting the names of the the most memorable things & I hate it! I hate not being able to remember an actor’s name I knew so well just a month ago or the name of an ingredient that I knew the last time I made the recipe! Like you, I don’t know if it’s just old age or Alzheimer’s (there is a whole lot of that in my paternal side) but I figure there’s no sense in worrying about it! If it is Alzheimer’s it’ll be kinda ok because then I won’t remember I have difficulty breathing & so I won’t get scared & depressed about it as my COPD gets worse. Ha!

2. Paul says:

Shades of “Flowers for Algernon” *Gasp!* Oh, Art, it has been so good kowing you while you were smart. We’ll still come and visit ocassionally.

3. kunstkitchen says:

dum da dum dum. Call in Bill Gannon….he can find anything.

4. sagedoyle says:

Great post. Nice to meet you.

I figure you have finite capacity for remembering things… and you are always chewing on stuff, so to make stuff for the new stuff, something’s gotta go… it’s like a yard sale. Only weirder. And full of crack squirrels. And aliens.

6. HAVE become? As in just recently?

7. AC says:

Seems to me like you may be seriously concerned, or else this is a prank your crack squirrels are pulling on us. But if you’re serious, I recommend you have this memory issue checked out with one of those people who wear white coats, with the telescopes hanging around their necks. What are those people called?

8. Asariels Muse says:

Do you later remember what you forgot orrrr do you never remember what you forgot. In other words if you lose your keys when you finally find them do you actually remember putting them there? Stress, lack of sleep, and high blood sugar levels all can trigger memory problems.

9. Elyse says:

Just forget about it, Art. There’s only so much room on the disks.

10. Doobster418 says:

The answer to your problem is…. Sorry, it slipped my mind.

11. List of X says:

Maybe the squrrels have been chewing some wires they shouldn’t have.
    Speaking of which, this Wednesday is official Squirrel Appreciation Day.

12. julie says:

You know Arthur, poop. I cannot come up with some random thought. I too am breaking!

13. Deep breaths and sticky notes. I’m 23 and live by this method. Stress kills your memory.

14. B vitamins… magnesium… and don’t worry too much, buddy! We are all in the same boat. Honestly, if my head was not attached, it would be left behind.