Interview with a Doobster…

Okay, it isn’t really an interview, but I am busy this weekend… editing a book, my daughter’s Homecoming dance, some other stuff… so I will ask the Doobster some questions here, and he can answer in the comment section below. This will be a chance to get to know all about him.

****************************

1. Do you remember how and when you first learned about my blog? Tell us what led you to this magical place.

2. What is your favorite thing about my blog?

3.  Now that you are famous… you know, thanks to my blog, what are your big plans for the future… as they relate to my blog?

4. Which do you enjoy doing more in your free time, commenting on my blog or reading my posts and laughing at my antics?

5. Have you told everyone you know about my blog?

6. How long can you go without reading my blog before the pain becomes too much to bear?

7. How often do you dream about my blog?

******************************

Well, I hope you all appreciate this opportunity to get some insight, some intimate knowledge, about this fascinating blogger and what makes him tick.

This entry was posted in stuff about blogging and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Interview with a Doobster…

1. This is the most entertainment I have had in a long time! You two! Frick and Frack! 🙂

2. Paul says:

On top of all the wonderful things that hve been brought up about Doob, you can add that he is a tolerant man. Do you realize Art, that in the very first sentence of this post about the great Doob you have two glaring punctuation errors? The very thing that Doob stands for and you denigrate his teachings with such thoughless errors. Sigh. “busy this weekend… editing a book, my daughter’s Homecoming dance, some other stuff… so” Neither ellipsis has space before it – as is required by punctuation law, the very cornerstone of Doob’s strength. I would say that you owe the great Doobster418 an apology and recognition for his unending patience with our thoughtless errors.

3. Doobster418 says:

Well, not “right by.” I could walk it in about 20 minutes, but it’s about a five minute drive and my dog loves to be in the car.

And the story of the squirrel is really true.

4. Doobster418 says:

Damn, I wish you would have pointed out that you post your comments in reverse chronological order. Perhaps if I ever read your blog, I would have known that. So technical speaking, my very first comment on your infamous, record breaking blog isn’t the first comment, it’s the last! Sigh!

• And that’s why, at some point today, I was, in fact, first, even if only for a short while.

• No… that post, with the help of tech support… was flipped so that that new comments appear at the end… or top… or whatever… but the other posts don’t do that. We had to do that because people were getting mad about waiting for all the comments to load before they could scroll to the bottom to make a comment. What is annoying about wordpress is that my whole blog appears upside down… the first post is at the bottom… how are people supposed to read my blog from the very beginning? Even ancient papyrus scrolls didn’t require that much scrolling.

5. Doobster418 says:

7. How often do you dream about my blog?

Whenever I’m running a fever in excess of 100 degrees — Celsius, that is.

6. Doobster418 says:

Do you still blog? Since when?

7. Doobster418 says:

5. Have you told everyone you know about my blog?

I reblogged your blog about me on my blog. Does that count?

8. Doobster418 says:

4. Which do you enjoy doing more in your free time, commenting on my blog or reading my posts and laughing at my antics?

9. Doobster418 says:

3. Now that you are famous… you know, thanks to my blog, what are your big plans for the future… as they relate to my blog?

I’m an impromptu, ad hoc, spur of the moment kind of a guy. I make no plans whatsoever. What will be will be. No promises, no broken promises.

What was the question, again?

10. Doobster418 says:

2. What is your favorite thing about my blog?

Your modesty, humility, and humbleness.

11. Doobster418 says:

1. Do you remember how and when you first learned about my blog? Tell us what led you to this magical place.

I was walking my dog in Golden Gate Park and she spotted an unusually strange squirrel. It had freckles and was wearing a pirate’s hat. I think it was drunk, too. Or on drugs. My dog ran after the squirrel and grabbed it by its tail. At which the point, the squirrel pleaded, in English, no less, that he was one of the crack squirrels inside the head of the blogger over at Pouring My Art Out and that if my dog ate him, it would spell the end of Pouring My Art Out and possible even the end of Author R.H. Browne (if that’s his real name…sounds a little pseudonymous to me).

And so I asked this crack squirrel what of this blog of which he spoke and he explained it to me and told me he would give me the URL if I would persuade my dog to let him go. And so I kicked my dog in the butt, which caused her to howl and drop the crack squirrel, who ran up a tree.

And so I went to my computer and entered the URL the crack squirrel gave to me. It was at that point that I realized that I should have let me dog eat the damn squirrel.