My blog is no longer a cluttered mess…
Yes… that’s really me when I was a baby… and yes, that picture may explain a few of my personality disorders…
For the last two weeks, I have been going through all of my old posts and tagging them as categories.
Why, you ask?
Because I love you, that’s why… and now it will be easier for you to find the things you like on my blog. You might recall that I did a post a few weeks ago asking what categories you wanted me to use. I did the best I could. Let me explain what we have here…
If you go down my sidebar a little ways, you will see a thing called: ‘Stuff you might like’!
Under that is a word cloud. It has words of various sizes floating in a cloud. Now, if you want to see my posts about certain subjects, you just click on one of the topics, or categories in the word cloud, and you go to all the posts about that subject.
Let me break it down:
1. Cartoons – This is where I do funny things in Photoshop to beloved characters from cartoon shows… or maybe cartoons I drew myself.
2. Conan the barbarian – Okay, I love Conan. Those were some of the first books I read when I discovered reading… and I did some funny stuff to him in Photoshop too. Don’t judge me… at least not until you look at some of them… they’re funny.
3. Dick Cheney – Okay, I hate that guy… so I have done a lot of mean pictures of him in Photoshop… hey, he condoned torture, lied to start a war, steals human hearts, and shot his friend in the face.
4. Dogs and other animals – Here you can find pictures of my dog, and other dogs I have met… because dogs and babies love me… but there are other things too. Birds, fish, dinosaurs, butterflies… and don’t be surprised if many of the pictures have been played with in Photoshop. Because it’s funny.
5. Everything Else – This is just all the random stuff that didn’t seem to go anywhere else, or my old posts that I reblogged. Just ignore this one unless you are home with the flu and your TV is busted and you are really bored. It would be easier to just read my whole blog from the beginning.
6. Fiction – Stuff I wrote, or stuff about stuff I wrote.
7. Flowers – Photographs of flowers… although there might be some paintings of flowers that I did.
8. Funny famous people pictures – This might be a good place to start, just to get an idea of how weird I am. Politicians, musicians, movie stars, and so on, usually messed with in Photoshop, or with a funny little joke or story about them.
9. My art – This covers a lot of ground. I included most of the stuff I did in Photoshop, but there are my original paintings and drawings, comics and cartoons, my tiki carvings, wood burning, and who knows what else in there.
10. My travels – These are mostly photos and stories of all the cool places I have been.
11. My weird moving pictures – These are funny little videos I did… well, they aren’t really videos, but there is a program where you can add pictures together to make a frame-by-frame moving picture. It requires making copies of a picture in Photoshop, then moving one arm or leg or whatever, then saving the picture, then copying it and moving something again. It takes a lot of time. But these are really funny, and they are all different. You should check them out.
12. Pictures of me – I know, I know, I am self-absorbed… This is a bunch of pictures of me. But not just Photos. There are pictures of me I drew, or painted, or played with in Photoshop. If you love me half as much as I do, check it out.
13. Poems – I know that not everybody likes poems… but you know I don’t do anything the way anybody else does it.
14. Stories of my life – This is just more stuff about me. Tales of my adventures, my travels, times I almost died, stuff about my family and childhood. Many of these posts have pictures too.
15. Stuff about blogging – This is all the posts where I talk about blogging and bloggers. If I ever did a post about you, this is where you will find it. But there are posts about why we all blog, or those times I tried to get us all to write something together.
16. Sunsets – Umm… photos of sunsets, taken in many different locations.
17. Thinking about stuff – Yes, it’s true. Every now and then, I think about stuff. Sometimes I even try to get you to think about stuff too. So sue me. This is also a good place to get a peek inside my crack squirrel-infested cranium.
18. Twitter tweets – Here you can find all my ‘Twit Wit’ posts, where I share with you the little bits of wisdom and craziness from my Twitter feed. Oh, and also little posts about the famous people I have been stalking on Twitter, why I started doing that, and which famous people have tweeted me back.
19. Willie – Yes, here, in one place, you can find all the photos of my little buddy, Willie, possibly the cutest kid now living on the planet.
There you go. Have some fun. I always tell the new people who show up here that the best way to figure out what it is I do here on my blog, and to figure out if they actually want to stay, is to scroll back trough the old posts just skimming them. Then the new people are always surprised to find out all the stuff I do here and in my life. Then I started suggesting that they just type random words into the search bar button and see what pops up.
This seems like it will be a better way to poke around this crazy place. Many of the posts are tagged as more than one category. You might find some posts labeled as: My travels, stories of my life, sunsets, Willie, thinking about stuff, flowers, dogs and other animals, and stuff about blogging. That just means I had a very interesting day.
So please, give the new word cloud a try.
And don’t forget my original songs with little videos, under the button on the top bar that says: My original song videos… just in case you also didn’t know I play guitar and sing and write music.