What do you want from me?

To be honest, I have given up trying to figure out what people like about my blog. You know how it is… you do something that takes a lot of work and that you think is frightfully clever, and very few people look at it. Then you do something that is obviously stupid just for fun… oh, I don’t know… like sticking 100 pictures of your sunglasses done in Photoshop filters up, one right after the other, and more than 800 people stop by to see what the heck you are up to.

I do pride myself on trying to make this an interactive blog. I like doing stuff you like… (Just so you know, both sex and blogging work better if you try to spend at least some time doing things that the other person likes)…

And I am sort of at a spot in the blog where if I don’t come up with a new direction… some kind of focus… I am just going to keep pestering you all to buy my books.

So come on, people, give me some feedback. Tell me what you like, and I will do it to you until you are a quivering heap of jello begging me to stop and let you catch your breath.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not running out of ideas. And you know me well enough by now to know that I will take all your good advice and then end up doing the next crazy thing that pops into my head anyway… because that is the way my crack squirrel-infested cranium works…

Just give me something to aim at. Do you want to see funny pictures? Should we do one of those things where we all write something together? More stories of my life? More pictures making fun of Dick Cheney? Should I do some funny pictures of some of you? Should I scan some more of my original art, or type up some more of my old poems? Should I write some new stuff?

You know I have a whole notebook full of half-formulated ideas and there are all the ongoing projects like the Twit Wit posts. I am not asking for help to come up with ideas. I just need a little feedback. Point me to the start of a trail through the woods, and I will take it from there.

Should we take the high road or the low road?

You know I can go either way…

This entry was posted in stuff about blogging, thinking about stuff and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to What do you want from me?

1. thehobbler says:

I think a lot of people come to blogging to escape. So, that’s why silly pics go over big, it gets people out of their heads and lives (at least for a moment or two).

2. Wild and crazy Dude – you have your own style. I like variety and assorted stuff. (it’s hard to keep up with multiple posts in one day, though)
    Who know what post will get the big time hits and numbers – it’s very weird. If you hit on a current topic/odd bit of info, you’ll get more hits from the internet as a whole than from WP. (Many of those will be one time viewers – so it depends what kind or audience you want to appeal to)
    Just write. and enjoy it (that doesn’t sound too much like advice given to rape victims, does it?)
    Onward through the mania!

3. Cimmorene says:

Dude! I echo this sentiment. I spend so much time writing and hardly get any comments at all, even critical ones. I wonder how those people with over a thousand followers ever managed it. Anyway, in answer to your question, I enjoy your creative mind. I like the imaginative way in which you apply that mind to this blog. Keep it up, Arthur, and I promise to write you a comment for every post you make.

4. rubiescorner says:

I don’t think you need a canned comic person. You draw it, or forget to put it in. I think you have done well without the comic character, but then maybe you are trying to draw people in…….then choose a character that is comical. Just writing some off my head advice. You can take or leave it.

• I doubt it will take me long to get bored with them… but it might be a challenge to see how weird I can make them…

• rubiescorner says:

Many people have talent, and they never use it. I think a good imagination is a gift. I also think simplicity is hard to come by. Put the two together, and you have what you need to finish the task. It takes courage to use a gift, and more to have imagination. I think that both are compatible.

5. Al says:

Poems
    Funny pictures of people (not me though, I already have an eyeball for a right testicle, a piece of jelly for a right leg and ear for a right arm. People said I was a right weirdo

Your edited pics – they are hilarious.
    Stories.
    Anything else you fancy doing.
    That’s Anything else. Although I suppose anyone else you fancy doing is up to you as well 😉

6. Fran Macilvey says:

I never know what I’m going to find, and I like that. It is refreshing, so thank you! :-))

7. Linda Vernon says:

Your brain knows what it’s doing Art, even if you’re not sure! Keep on keepin’ on!

8. The Cutter says:

A blogs audience is a fickle mistress. If you can figure out the answer, I’d love to hear it

Just give me something to aim at. Do you want to see funny pictures? YES! Should we do one of those things where we all write something together? NO, gets too confusing because there are too many threads going at the same time, but if you come up with a better way than last time, go ahead. More stories of my life? YES! More pictures making fun of Dick Cheney? NO, you’ve done enough already! Should I do some funny pictures of some of you? YES! Should I scan some more of my original art, (YES) or type up some more of my old poems? PROBABLY (personally I don’t like poetry but I just wouldn’t read those posts) Should I write some new stuff? YES!
    I think you should keep doing what you have been doing, but just don’t do it ad infintium – it gets boring after the 47th post about your sunglasses, etc.! When I see 30 emails from you in 1 day I get tired before I even start reading. I love you – just not always so much of you!

10. Elyse says:

Posts that focus get so tedious … keep squirrel crackin’ is my recommendation.

11. Who is Dick Cheney? I’d like to see more of your art, paintings and such. Just a thought.

I like to come here because I don’t know what I’m going to see. It could be anything, absolutely anything, and it might be a bit mad, but that’s what art/Art is. I wouldn’t change anything, I wouldn’t focus, I would keep going with all the craziness and let your brain spew its contents on us. But I may just be being selfish here.

13. ElenaW says:

I’d love to know what you can see outside of your walls (both in real life and metaphorically speaking). Of course I don’t mean for you to become a photo correspondent ;). You are very good with words so may be you can….;0)

• I have been going through all my old posts… and tagging them for that word cloud in the sidebar called: Stuff you might like. I am almost done, just about four months to go. If you look in there, there are topics called: sunsets, flowers, my travels, stories of my life, and sunsets. Those are mostly photos and stories of places I have been, both near and far. I think if you click on any of those, you will be surprised. Thanks for the input.

14. Read my lips: no nude photos of politicians.

15. longchaps2 says:

I’m new to this scene, so all your stuff is new and interesting to me. My thoughts are that you should write what YOU find interesting and exciting. I know, I know, that’s probably naive. I’m still a babe in the woods in this place. Carry on crack, squirrel infested, cranium and I will keep reading.

16. El Guapo says:

You keep posting, I’ll keep reading. You have a delightful brand of unclassifiable madness.