Crazy Question… #3

a 1

I am still carrying on with my idea of interviewing all of you at the same time so we can get to know each other better. Today’s question might not seem that crazy to you, depending on where and how you live, but as usual, I have a reason for asking.

Have you ever milked a cow?

The reason I ask is that a few years back, we were at the county fair, and I had a chance to do it and I chickened out. Partly it was because I am shy and I didn’t want a bunch of strangers watching me touch another mammal’s boobs. But it is weirder than that.

Those few of you who have bought and read my first comedy/adventure science fiction book from the series might remember that one of the first silly parts I threw in, at the end of chapter one I believe, was a theory that the hero had about how aliens had never visited our planet because the whole universe knew that keeping mammals or mammal-like animals hostage and stealing their milk was sick and wrong… and then it turns out that  even though that isn’t why they hadn’t visited us yet, they almost all did in fact believe that milk stealing was sick and wrong. I mean, if you are female, or even if you are just a male who knows some females, how would you feel if you or they were abducted by some other species and kept in a barn, and once each morning someone came and milked them… or you… without so much as asking?

This entry was posted in Stories of my life, stuff about blogging, thinking about stuff and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

205 Responses to Crazy Question… #3

1. rarasaur says:

I’ve milked many a cow, but I always ask first. 🙂

2. hiddinsight says:

My grandma lived on a farm, so yes, I have milked a cow. I have also collected eggs rom chickens and watched one get it’s head cut off with an axe and chase me headless around the field.

3. joehoover says:

I’ve been chased by a cow. I wasn’t trying to milk it , I was just passing through the field and it took a liking to me. Came on a bit strong for my linking.

4. stephrogers says:

Yes! I’ve milked a cow, I even squirted the milk straight into my mouth and then in my friend’s face, cos that’s how I roll.

5. Nadia says:

On a first grade field trip, I was forced to milk a cow. Luckily I couldn’t get the ‘technique’ right and they passed me over. I feel for those cows… I really do.

6. Doobster418 says:

Nope, never milked a cow. But I pour milk over my cereal every morning for breakfast. And then I peel a banana and slice it up and put it in my cereal. Peeling a banana and milking a cow. Pretty much the same thing, right?

7. I know I’ve witnessed a cow being milked. When or where, I don’t remember. I know it’s part of my past. That would be pretty awful to be thrown into a barn and milked every morning at crack of dawn. How horrible! I’m never drinking milk now. Look what you’ve done to me!

8. List of X says:

I mostly milk cartons and gallon bottles, but I’ve done it once with a real cow, for about 10 seconds.

9. stitch this says:

No, but I’ve milked many a good joke

10. areed090290 says:

I have not milked a cow, nor will I probably ever milk a cow.

11. ruleofstupid says:

Never milked a cow. Did fall into a slurry pit once – Chocomilk?
    As for someone abducting me and milking me daily – my front teat has dreams of such things!

I have never milked anything much less a cow. And I don’t think I would want to be milked every morning by some stranger without even asking. That would just be rude!

13. djmatticus says:

I have. While backpacking in New Mexico (at Philmont Scout Ranch), one of the places we stopped was a working ranch, and we had to learn each of the chores. I remember it being easy. It was definitely easier than catching the chickens. They are fast. Really, really fast.

I got drunk once (only once!) and ended up milking a cow, but it turns out I wasn’t on a farm or anywhere near one… I don’t know what was going on that night.

15. Delilah says:

Never milked a cow and never tipped one either, but I’m from Alabama not Nebraska so…

16. matttblack42 says:

I haven’t milked a cow, but I like to tell people I did.