That’s right, I got it, the rare and coveted best commenter award for always throwing in my two cents worth, never running out of silly things to say, and maybe I have too much free time on my hands award for excessive hours spent telling other people how clever we both are award!
(Also known as the dodisharkicorn)
Thanks to the lovely ladies at http://booksnobbery.wordpress.com/ who are so delightfully clever that they do book reviews of books I never even read and tell me in great detail why I do not need to bother reading them, and I still love it. If that isn’t a gift, I don’t know what is… Oh, they do other things too, and the pictures are hilarious!
This isn’t one of those made up awards from the WordPress corporate offices used to keep us all busy so we don’t take over the world… This is the best made up award of all time! To earn this honor, you have to actually read other people’s blogs and then type stuff… a lot of stuff… of some quality and insight and humor. You don’t get an award of a mythical beast for sitting on your… ummm… hands.
Here are the rules, which I cut and pasted, which I hope is alright…
- Accept Dodisharkicorn award and display it proudly in your widget sidebar. ***(I do not have a sidebar, you might notice)***
- Find your Top Five Commenters on your Stats page and present them with the award. If they really comment that frequently, you shouldn’t need to tag them because they’ll see it anyway. It’s just polite to link to their blog, though. Dur. We are ALL ABOUT politeness.
- Answer the following questions and pass them on to your Top Five Commenters.
- What is your third favourite colour?
- Would you rather be: a Jedi, a Pokemon Master or a Wizard/Witch? Choose ONE.
- Who is your favourite Doctor?
- Can you whistle?
- Would you name your child Sirius Albus?
- What is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything?
- Do you own a lawnmower?
- Do you think Legolas is a (very pretty) pansy?
- What’s the trashiest thing you’ve read in the last year? Should we cover it for Trashy Tuesday?
1. Red is my third favorite color… (Why did they spell all those words like old English?)
2. I would be a Jedi, because they get a really cool sword, and get to run around being all like Conan, and we all know I like Conan… (the book one, not the movie ones)…
3. This may be a trick question… obviously Dr. Who is best, but do they mean which actor who played him? What if I mess things up by saying Bones McCoy? Or the doctor who sewed my finger back on, or the doctors who delivered my kids??? My family doctor when I was a kid was named Dr. Dos Remidios, who was a Filipino, and whose name sounds like two remedies, which is sort of awesome. I also had a dentist name Hercules Morphopolis… so I am a little torn on this one…
4. I can whistle like a… bird. I am a good whistler. I am whistler’s mother… When I used to work at that delivery driving job I told all those stories about a few weeks ago, one of the things I did was whistle Christmas songs while I walked around in buildings… this is only funny because I did it during the summer in San Diego, when it was 95 degrees outside.
5. I do not believe we should name our kids to show off how clever we are… Are you listening Frank Zappa and Hollywood?… so, no, I would not.
6. I am horrible with numbers… I don’t have my multiplication tables memorized, but I want to say, like, 26, or 42??? I know it was a number.
7. No, I do not own a lawnmower… I use imported, free range, fair trade llamas, guinea pigs and goats to chew my grass to just the right height… and I have hay fever…
8. Once again, you force us to choose between our mental image from books we read… (12 times)… and the actor who portrayed him in the movies. I guess Orlando Bloom is alright. But elves are supposed to be ethereally and radiantly beautiful, even the males. As for what they do in their spare time sexually, we all know that what happens in the woods stays in the woods.
9. I do not read trashy books, I am getting old and have determined that being selective is the way to go. And I know what not to read because I follow http://booksnobbery.wordpress.com/ so I do not have to waste my few remaining years reading crap. Wait, does junk mail count? Between the blog and other peoples blogs and finishing my novel, I am good.
Here are my top commenters… I like this part because I do not have to pick who is the best, just use the top five from the handy list in the stats…
1. http://dottyheadbanger.wordpress.com/ … oh, Dotty, what can I say about you? Your comments are as mental as you are. And I mean that in the best way possible! Go check her out, you wont regret it.
2. http://edwardhotspur.wordpress.com/ … Ed is the man. His comments are crazy funny and so is his blog. Go lay on his green couch and tell him your troubles… he wont care about your troubles, he has his own, but he will make you laugh and forget them for a while.
3. http://londonsurvival.wordpress.com/… Joe is clever, charming, and you never know where… (in London or in his blog)… he is going to go next.
4. http://mooselicker.wordpress.com/ … I do not even know what to say about the moose man. He may be weirder than me, if you can imagine that. Seriously, if you hit this link… (provided it worked, because I am a computer moron)… you better be ready to be shocked, appalled, unsettled, and maybe to laugh till milk or coffee shoots out of your snout.
5. http://tadams4u.wordpress.com/ … OK, we all need someone in our lives that isn’t trying to shock or appall us all the time. Cute, charming, fun and quirky has its place as well.
Wow, that was a lot of work. I wouldn’t have done that for most people, but the sweet, helpful, kind ladies at http://booksnobbery.wordpress.com/ are worth the effort.
Sorry to the people I couldn’t pick for this award, but it is a stat thing, so my hands are tied.
I love all my commenters.
Really, I do.